Tips & Information
About These Fixtures: Our copies of these designs can be made in the material you choose and may be altered to any size and configuration that suits your individual needs. Please do not hesitate to call and discuss your requirements with our staff.
Exterior Lanterns: Our Selection of exterior lanterns includes many styles that are suitable for interior applications.
Wall Sconces: A bracket - candlestick, usually of brass or iron to fasten againsta wall, for holding one or more candles.
Chandeliers: An ornamental branched support or frame to hold a number of lights (originally candles), usually hung from the roof or ceiling.
- Rod Arm Fixtures: 1740 - 1820
- Sheet metal Fixtures: 1690 - 1810
Lamping, Bulb & Wattage: All chandeliers and sconces are wired with candelabra based sockets unless otherwise noted.
- Candelabra Base Bulbs: Maximum 60 Watts per socket
- Edison Base Bulbs: Up to maximum available
- Most Common Bulb Size for Chandeliers: 40 Watts per socket
- Most Common Bulb Size for Lanterns: 25 Watts per socket
- Most Common Bulb Size for Sconces: 40 Watts per socket
A dimmer switch can be used with all of our fixtures.
Waxed Candle Sleeves
- Maximum U/L wattage: 40 watts per socket
- Recommended wattage: 25 per socket
Real Beeswax is used which will darken over time. Available in beeswax color, medium pale and ivory.
Electrical Box Sizes
- Standard Rectangular Wall Box: 3 3/4" H x 2 1/8" W, Mounted Vertically
- Octagonal Ceiling Box: 3 3/4" H x 3 3/4" W
Most sconces are made to cover a rectangular wall box mounted vertically.