Sheetmetal, electrical and woodworking skills needed
To help build high-end lighting
Full time or part time. Hourly wage TBD based on skills and experience
Authentic Designs builds historic reproduction lighting fixtures in rural West Rupert, Vermont. Styles range from our signature line of Early American lighting to Art Deco, Craftsman, Victorian, Modern Industrial and beyond. Our work is frequently commissioned by leading decorating, architectural and design firms, and we cater to a large following of retail clients.
Due to the increasing volume of orders and custom work, we are seeking staff to assist multiple teams here at our Vermont workshop. Here is some information about us:
- We are a small, collaborative team of roughly a dozen men and women
- UL listed shop, end to end fabrication
- High end product, discerning clientele
- Our lights are built to last a lifetime
- Full-time or part-time, flexible schedule
More details about Authentic Designs at the bottom of this posting.
Our shop operations are done by hand and require craftsmanship and attention to detail. We are guided by a “maker ethos” of efficient and creative problem solving -- or as we often say around the shop, “simple is sophisticated.”
Artisans, fabricators, makers, craftspeople and other trades workers, experienced or aspiring, are invited to apply.
Below are some skill sets, aptitudes and experience that we‘re seeking. You don’t need to have ALL of what’s listed below. We’re happy to train the right person if you’re motivated and willing to learn.
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools
- Woodworking skill set includes: operating lathe, jointer and powermatic planer; tool maintenance and sharpening
- Sheet metal skill set includes: soldering, drafting, layout and folding; working with brass and copper; familiarity with brakes, folders, shears, jigs, etc.
- Electrical skill set includes: familiarity with basic wiring techniques for lighting fixtures
- High energy and flexibility are great, especially when combined with thoroughness and attention to detail
If this sounds interesting to you, please email a brief cover letter and resume email@example.com Please, no calls or drop in visits!
More about Us:
We have a national reputation and a longstanding presence in the home furnishings industry, and are regularly featured in design and building trade publications as well as a season of This Old House TV. Visit authenticdesigns.com to learn more about our company and the kind of work we do.